Lead Developer – Azure / Full Stack Software Developer
ComQi Canada is the technology division for ComQi Inc., a global provider of in-venue customer and employee engagement technology and John Ryan, a global provider of customer engagement technology targeted at the financial sector. Our products influence consumers at the point of decision making using a wide range of digital touch-points including digital signage, touch-screens kiosks, mobile phones, web, and social media. ComQi Canada’s mission is to provide an end-to-end client engagement solution that provides our clients with rapid ROI and our end users an enjoyable user experience to help drive product sales. We power global brands including GameStop, Famous Footwear, The Gap, Hudson and Six Flags Amusement Parks and financial institutions like PNC Bank, Fifth Third Bank and BBVA. ComQi Inc is headquartered out of New York, with R&D facilities in Burlington, Ontario. John Ryan is based in Minneapolis with offices in the UK and Spain.
We are currently looking to extend our Burlington, Ontario R&D team with a senior developer who can take a lead development and architecture role for QuickMessenger™, the Content Management System utilized by John Ryan. As a development lead, you will be accountable for designing and delivering a high-quality software system to meet the needs of our clients. You will be involved in all aspects of the software development process, from specification through development to maintenance. As a lead you will work with the product owner, lead a team of software developers and have overall accountability to ensure high-quality software and help shape the product roadmap for all our software systems.
The successful candidate will function in a multi-faceted role that offers the opportunity for career growth, intellectual stimulation, creative problem solving, and a chance to deliver more industry firsts.
- Design and implement full stack (UI, mid-tier and back-end software components)
- Act as the lead system engineer to design, develop and maintain a high-performance content management system to effectively manage and distribute content (video, images, applications) and a high volume of media players sitting in branches and customer sites.
- Work with other technology teams to design, build and integrate core services that can be utilized across multiple systems.
- Code primarily in C#/.Net in the Azure Cloud.
- Extensive experience working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Work with other team member to implement product requirements and deliver high quality software
- Establish, adhere to, and enforce coding standards and conduct design and code review when required
- Act as main technical contact for customers, QA and internal business clients as needed
- Opportunity to shape the overall technologies roadmaps across the ComQi and John Ryan technology stack.
- Performing code and design review on all developed code.
- Strong advocate and experience with automated testing and CI/CD.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in software development
- Strong self-starter; able to work and lead a team of software / quality engineers
- Solid and demonstrable understanding of the C# / .Net application running in Azure and leveraging MSSQL databases.
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch and Kibana (ELK Stack)
- Web Development (HTML5, Node.js, Vue.js, Angular.js, TypeScript, IIS)
- Experience developing RESTful API.
- Experience with DevOps tools (Jenkins, Gib, GitHub)
- An understanding of Microservice/SOA Architectures and Microservice/SOA best practices
- Strong experience designing and developing high-performing database applications leveraging SQL Server.
- Experience with Azure cloud technologies (GCP and AWS an asset).
- Experience using Azure DevOps.
- Experience with test and project management tools (TestRail, TestLog and Jira).
- Familiarity with big data repositories.
- Experience developing and debugging multi-tier applications
- Expert level development habits including unit testing, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Possess excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills; strong team player
- Experience in video/image processing and media player development (BrightSign) an asset.
What ComQi Will Provide:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits Package including Medical and RSP matching
- Flex hours may be available
- Experienced and innovative team where your efforts will be appreciated and recognized
Currently this position will be a hybrid position allowing the person to work a combination of onsite and remote. However, given the nature of the role and the need to access specific hardware and peripherals, there will be a requirement to come into the office a minimum of 2-3 days / week.
Please provide your resume with a cover letter stating your salary expectations to HR@ComQi.com. While we thank all candidates for applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ComQi makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, ComQi will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@ComQi.com