In today’s fast-paced business environment, using digital kiosks can provide you with an advantage over your competitors. They can help your organization with cost reduction, improved communication, and increased customer satisfaction.
Retail businesses use digital signage kiosks to engage customers, create better experiences, and increase brand loyalty. Customer experience ultimately shapes an organization’s story, and the correct digital media strategy may result in considerable sales lift and a more intimate brand connection.
How Do Retail Stores Use Digital Kiosks?
Better Customer Data
Originally, retailers didn’t have a lot of data on their target clients. Customer insights were mostly limited to interviews and surveys in the era of pen-and-paper and in-person contacts. It’s a very different image nowadays, thanks to the fact that every digital activity generates data. Rather than entering the realm of marketing and personalized customer experiences blindly, retail businesses can now use digital kiosks to map every stage of the consumer journey using digital data.
Unlike conventional client encounters, self-service kiosks can provide information that would otherwise be unavailable. For instance, someone may sign in to provide their personal information, allowing retailers to acquire demographical data for use in marketing efforts almost instantly. Furthermore, clients will leave a trail of measurable data when utilizing a kiosk to peruse what’s in store, in ways that interactions with personnel simply can’t. Time spent reading product listings, and the popularity of certain deals are two examples of important data.
Digital kiosks provide brick-and-mortar retailers with similar actionable data to eCommerce businesses, allowing them to discover which marketing methods and messaging are the most effective and which goods are the most popular. Finally, when using the now-familiar surroundings of a self-service kiosk rather than being requested for information by a salesperson, customers are more likely to supply a more honest and credible data source.
What are the Advantages of Digital Kiosks?
A touchscreen interface, application software, and a secure payment mechanism are common features of digital kiosks. They’re also frequently simple to operate, and you may strategically place them across your business. The following are some of the advantages of digital kiosks:
Share Promotions and Sales
Consumers are offered excellent incentives or rewards programs using digital signage kiosks. These ads are deliberately put in front of consumers during checkout to take advantage of an additional promotional opportunity beyond typical signage.
Improve Customer Experiences
Satisfied customers are more likely to return. Self-service kiosks may improve the customer experience in a number of ways:
- Reduce Line Length: Nobody enjoys having to wait. Waiting in long lines can make customers believe the store is run poorly, which could drive shoppers to look elsewhere.
- Easily View Inventory: Consumers appreciate information that is easy to obtain, and self-service kiosks make it simple to locate product pricing, availability, and feature comparison information.
- Omnichannel Shopping: Your customer may require a product that isn’t offered in your physical store, but that is available online. Self-service kiosks allow customers to look for items, sizes, and options unavailable in-store.
- Manage Gift Registries: Digital kiosks allow users to effortlessly establish, amend, and manage their gift registry, as well as instantly locate the gift registry of a loved one.
Save Time for Your Staff
Digital Kiosks may save your employees a lot of time. Staff may spend more time stocking, cleaning, and giving customer service instead of merely ringing up sales. Focusing on these responsibilities may also lead to happier employees.
By offering a better overall customer experience by spending more time one-on-one with customers and keeping the store clean, more sales can be achieved, and commissions can be earned. Kiosks may also be utilized for hiring, making the job application process quick and simple for candidates.
Digital Kiosk Features and Capabilities
Static retail directories often include a map with a “You Are Here” mark that pinpoints the shopper’s location, as well as a laundry list of businesses organized by categories like “Apparel,” “Food,” and “Sports & Outdoors.”Digital signage and kiosks offer a variety of current, configurable features and capabilities better suited to today’s digitally-savvy consumer. Your creativity is the sole limit to what’s on exhibit. Here are some of creative ways retailers can use digital signage:
- An interactive display that responds to customer requests. Consumers expect to locate what they want when they need it, and retail locations can now provide that same best-in-class customer experience.
- Customizable wayfinding using interactive maps. Digital wayfinding solutions can make it easier for consumers to find what they are looking for faster.
- Access to real-time events, deals, and retailer discounts. Deals and offers can be listed on full-color shop profile pages with vivid visuals, incentivizing customers to visit the business.
- Mobile-friendly solutions enable visitors to take maps or take advantage of special deals. Consumers can now download a mobile mall map to their device or use a QR code, text message, or email to acquire and redeem a retailer’s discount offer.
- Numerous opportunities to contact security. At the touch of a button, assistance is available.
- Social media streams in real-time. Mall operators and businesses can use popular social media sites to communicate with visitors. Feeds for announcements, photographs, and information are displayed instantly.
- Data collection from customers for marketing objectives. Consumers can register on the spot and receive their information for future communications.
- Remote updates are possible. Instead of contacting a specialist for service, you can update your displays in seconds from your office.
- Analytics that are actionable based on usage, demographics, and preferences. Each kiosk stores useful data such as usage, demographic profiles of active and passive users, and specific opportunities and recommendations.
ComQi provides cloud-based digital signage solutions for multi-location retailers looking for a simple, uniform approach to manage their retail displays across all of their locations.
ComQi provides you the capabilities to tailor the appearance and feel of each specific place, from the shelf edge to wall-sized displays and interactive engagement screens, all while managing it all over the cloud with a few clicks of a button. Engaging your clients and increasing revenue has never been easier.